Hello! I am an information access professional based out of Austin, Texas. I have five years of professional experience managing content, understanding data and training others on how to make even the least sexy of tools increase personal efficiency.
I am interested in looking at the bigger picture problems from the perspective of a Facebooking grandma. I know that slick design doesn’t always correlate positively with usability and that the best design isn’t always the one that gets used. I have years of experience teaching and training users. I understand that old habits die hard and new designs need to be twice as good to gain user traction.
Reach out to me. I’d love to get to know your projects and start working on some new puzzles.
- User Experience Design – Prototyping, Information Architecture, User Research
- SharePoint Administration – 2010, 2013, Designer, Online
- Taxonomy- Ontology creation and management
- Content Management – WordPress, blogging
- Certified SCRUM Master – Scrum Alliance, October 2016
- University of California San Diego / Coursera – Interaction Design Specialization
- Masters of Archival Studies, University of British Columbia
- Masters of Library and Information Studies, University of British Columbia
- Honors Bachelor of History, Oregon State University